Quickest SEO and Social Media Summary
For SEO, it helps people when they understand is that Google® owns about 90% of the internet of the internet opportunities. They own UTUBE® which is the number 2 player in the digital world. Being one and two leaves very little opportunities for others out there like Yahoo (are they still in business?). Everything online today is a search engine. Every social media platform is also a huge search engine opportunity.
Here is a simple and quick list of how to know which places, where, and when to spend your efforts and money on social media. Highlight your target markets with just a few and start there. As you get up to speed and comfortable, then look at what you may be missing and need to expand towards.
- StumbleUpon, Youtube, and Google+ are the most effective platforms for SEO goals.
- Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter are the most effective platforms for generating traffic goals.
- Slideshare, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Pinterest, and Instagram are all good platforms for brand exposure goals.
- Slideshare, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are great platforms for customer engagement goals.
- Facebook has the most users. It’s followed by YouTube, Twitter, and Google+.
- If you’re targeting users under 18, then Google+ and Pinterest will be effective.
- If you’re targeting users between 18 and 24, then you’ll find them on Google+ and Reddit.
- If you’re targeting users between 25 and 34, then you should look to Google+ and YouTube.
- If you’re targeting users between 34 and 44, then LinkedIn and Slideshare will be your best bet.
- If you’re targeting users between 45 and 54, then you probably want to look at Facebook, Linkedin, and Pinterest.
- If you’re targeting users between 55 and 64, then Facebook, Linkedin, and Pinterest are still the way to go.
- If you’re targeting users above 65, then Linkedin and Facebook will work.
- Facebook and Reddit has a majority of men on the network.
- Pinterest and Twitter skews more heavily towards women.
Keith Thorn, LLC
On Point Business Solutions – Working Smarter, Not Harder® Apps